This program is designed for adults who have a minimal knowledge of English (normally verbally). These students are taught to read and write English from entry level through fifth grade.
The method of this program is through one-on-one tutoring or classroom instruction. This program is offered year round.
English as a Second Language-ESL:
This program is designed for adults who are unable to speak English completely.
They are taught survival English, as well as how to read and write English. The method of this program is through
one-on-one tutoring or classroom instruction.
Steps to enroll with the Corpus Christi Literacy Council:
1. Contact us
and schedule an appointment.
2. During our appointment you will take an intial enrollment/placement test.
3. After reviewing your inital test results, we will help you decide which program best fits your needs.
4. Based on your schedule and needs, we will place you in a class or match you with a trained volunteer tutor.
5. If you are matched with a tutor, the two of you will choose the schedule and the location of your tutoring sessions.
6. When your reading and writing level is high enough, we will provide you information on how to get a GED or citizenship.